Time 80 ReforgedWritten on March 7th, 2021 by runninghack
Group buy information
- Group Buy opens: Sep 1st, 2020
- Number of units sold: around 700 on GH, around 700 on Taobao
- Regular kits: $480
- Extra PCB: $45
- Extra aluminum plate: $30
- Upgrade to brass plate: $35
- Upgrade to brass weight: $88
- Step 1: Install the stabilizers first. Clip, lube, and band-aid mod your stabilizers if necessary.
- Step 2: (Optional) Add the rubber middle sheet on top of the PCB. Adding the sheet will change the feel and sound of the switches, but not necessarily the way you want. The sheet shrinks after it’s cut so you need to stretch it to make it fit.
- Step 3: Solder or insert the switches depending on which version of the PCB you use. If you’re using the sheet, it’s easies to solder/insert the switches on four corners first.
Step 4: Mount the plate to the top case. The plate can be installed/removed only when the keycaps are off.
Step 5: Install all the screws and keycaps.
- Step 6: Flash the Time80RE_hs_via.hex file for your hotswappable PCB or Time80RE_solder_via.hex file for your solder version PCB using QMK Toolbox. Download VIA. If VIA doesn’t recognize your keyboard, import keymap files Time80RE_hs_via.json (for hotswappable PCB) or Time80RE_solder_via.json (for solder PCB).
Feel free to share!